Jowar bhakri are Indian flat breads made from sorghum flour. It is a very health option over regular roti as jowar contains nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, potassium and iron.
- 1 Cup Jowar (Sorghum Flour)
- 1 Cup Water
- Boil the water.
- Mix jowar (sorghum) flour and salt well.
- Add boiling water and knead a dough. Start combining it with a spoon as we are adding boiling water in it.
- Make 6 balls of the dough.
- Dust the board with little bit jowar (sorghum) flour. Prepare bhakri by pressing the dough with hand.
- Roast it on a pan. First place the part upside which was touching the board. Brush water on that side so that the additional flout will stick to bhakri.
- As the water gets absorbed, turn the bhakri and roast for 1 minute.
- Finish the bhakri by roasting both the sides directly on the flame.