This tangy maharashtrian curry recipe can be made in a jiffy with minimal ingredients. It can be consumed like a soup or eaten with plain white rice or pulav.
- 6 Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Stalk Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/4th Tsp Asafoetida
- Cook tomatoes and onion together in the pressure cooker (approx. 3 whistles)
- Blend it together in a blender.
- Make a puree.
- Blend the fresh cream with puree in a blender.
- In a pot heat ghee. Add cumin seeds.
- When cumin seeds starts to sputter, add asafoetida, curry leaves.
- Add the puree.
- Boil it for 5 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, salt, sugar and boil it for 5 minutes.