Malai Kofta is an Indian dish consists of Malai means cream and kofta means stuffed balls. You will find various types of kofta recipes. Here is a vegetarian version of malai kofta. This dish is served with Paratha/Naan/Roti.
- 1 1/4 Cup Boiled And Mashed Potato
- 1/2 Cup Mawa
- 1/2 Cup Paneer
- 1 Tbsp Black Currents
- 1/4 Cup Corn Flour
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Tsp Clove Powder
- 2 Small Onions
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 7-8 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Chilies
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Oil + For Frying
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Boil potatoes and mash them.
- Divide then in 8 parts. Make balls.
- Grate paneer and half the mawa.
- Mix together grated paneer, mawa, black currents, coriander leaves, sugar, salt.
- Mix it well.
- Divide them in 8 parts. Make balls.
- Take one potato ball, make a space in the middle and stuff it with paneer, mawa ball. Close it properly.
- Make all the koftas.
- Roll the above balls in corn flour.
- Deep fry the balls.
For The Gravy:
- Chop onion and green chilies.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and saute onion, garlic cloves, fennel seeds, green chilies, green cardamoms.
- Blend it in blender to make puree along with remaining mawa .
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds starts to sputter, add asafoetida.
- Add the puree.
- Add heavy cream.
- Add clove powder, salt.
- Let it come to a boil.
Keep the gravy and fried koftas separately untill serving.