Sooji Idli is one of the favorite breakfast dish in our house. It is simple to cook. The recipe is similar to rice idli with the variation of sooji instead of rice. The dish is served with sambhar and chutney.
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Coarse Sooji
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Cup Water
- Soak urad dal, fenugreed seeds seperately in water for 6 hours.
- Grind it together to make a batter. Add water.
- In a pot heat sooji. No neede to roast it. The sooji should feel hot when you touch it.
- Add the hot sooji to the batter. Mix well. Remove all the lumps.
- Keep aside for fermentation for at least 6 hours in a warm place.
- Add salt to the batter.
- Pour the batter in idli mould.
- Keep the stand in idli maker.
- Close the lid and steam it for 15 minutes on low heat for 1st batch and thereafter for 10 minutes.
- Remove it let it cool before unmoulding it.