This is a tasty vegetable dish. It has lots of veggies cooked in a cashew, khaskhas (poppy seeds) and coconut gravy. Combined with other spices, it makes the vegetables taste yummy. The dish can be served with chapati or rice.
- 1 1/2 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Potato
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 10 Cashews
- 1/2 Tbsp Khaskhas (Poppy Seeds)
- 3 Tbsp Freshly Grated Coconut
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4th Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4th Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Chop the cauliflower into florets. In a pot take salted water enough to cover the florets and soak the florets for 1 hour.
- Boil the peas and the potatoes. Chop the potatoes into big pieces.
- Chop onions and tomatoes into big pieces.
- In a blender make puree of cashews, khaskhas (poppy seeds), ginger, garlic, coconut adding 1/2 cup water.
- In a pot heat 1 tbsp oil. Add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds starts to sputter, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Add cauliflower florets and onion. Cook it on medium flame covering it with the lid and adding some water and salt.
- Add potato, tomato and peas. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Add puree, coriander powder, cumin powder, sugar, salt and 1 cup of water. Simmer it for low heat on low heat. This will cook the garlic and remove it raw flavor.
- In a different kadhai, heat 4 tbsp of oil.
- Add chili powder and pour this hot oil into the dish.
- Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves before serving.
Adding hot oil combined with red chili powder on top of the vegetables gives the additional flavor to the dish.