Shankarpale is a traditional, moderately sweet and crisply dish prepared during Diwali (The festival of lights). My mom used to make delicious Shankarpale every Diwali and we kids use to love them. This is her recipe. It is easy to make so go ahead and try.
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4th Cup Powered Sugar
- 1/4th Cup Clarified Butter
- 1/4th Cup Milk
- Oil For Frying
- Mix sugar, clarified butter, milk. Mix all purpose flour and knead a dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- With a pizza cutter make diamond shapes pieces.
- Heat oil and fry the shankarpale on a low heat till they become golden brown.