This is a slight twist on the halwa (sheera) traditionally served as prasadam in pujas. It is prepared using sooji and has a sweet taste. The ghee makes the halwa rich while mango pulp gives it a unique taste.
- 1/2 Cup Thick Sooji
- 1/2 Cup Mango Pulp
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp (Clarified Butter) Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- In a pan heat 2 tsp ghee and saute the sooji till golden brown on medium heat.
- Add boiling water to the sooji and mix it well.
- Add sugar and mix it.
- Add milk and mix it and keep the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mango pulp and mix it. Keep the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix it. Turn off the heat.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp ghee and keep the lid on and serve it after 10 minutes.
I have used homemade preserved mango pulp which doesn’t have sugar. If using store bought mango pulp adjust the sugar content accordingly.