Eggplant Parmesan is a classic Italian dish. Eggplant slices are layered and baked with marinara sauce and cheese in between. The marinara sauce can be prepared ahead of time. This way the dish can be prepared with less time. Eggplant Parmesan is generally served with pasta preferably spaghetti. This dish gets its creamy taste from the use of mozzarella cheese. Parmesan cheese’s sharp taste cuts through the creamy taste of Mozzarella cheese, providing mouthful of tasty delight. You can find the recipe here: Marinara Sauce
- 250 Gm Long Eggplant
- 3 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Olive Oil For Shallow Frying
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Make long thin slices of eggplant.
- Make a paste mixing all purpose flour and water. Dip eggplant slices in the above paste.
- Mix bread crumbs and chili flakes.
- Coat them with bread crumbs and chili flakes mixture.
- On the griddle, shallow fry the eggplant slices in olive oil.
- In a baking dish make a layer of marinara sauce.
- Add a layer of eggplant slices. Top it with marinara sauce.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the process until all eggplant slices are covered. The top layer should be of cheese.
- Cover it with aluminium foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover it and serve it with spaghetti.