Marinara Sauce is a classic Italian sauce. It is made with tomatoes, onion, garlic and herb. It is used in lots of Italian dishes. You can use it in preparing pasta or it can be used as a base sauce for pizza. The sauce is very simple to make. You can cook it ahead of time and store it in the freezer in the air tight container. In my family we love chunky sauce. So I have created the recipe for chunky sauce.
- 1 Kg. + 2 Tomatoes
- 3 Large Onions
- 15 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Chili flakes
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Cook 1 Kg. tomatoes, 2 large onions and 15 garlic cloves in the pressure cooker with 3 whistles. Let it cool.
- Make a puree in a blender.
- strain It.
- Simmer it on a low heat and reduce it to half.
- Add Italian seasoning and chili flakes.
- Chop remaining onion and tomatoes.
- In a pot heat olive oil. Saute chopped onion and tomato until they are softened.
- Mash them with masher.
- Add the above puree.
- Add sugar, salt. Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.