Ragada Pattice is a very famous street food. The peas curry is called Ragada. It is a thick curry. Potato pattice are combined with peas curry and the flavors are enhanced by adding sweet and spicy chutney. This dish is very popular and is available in many street food stalls and restaurants.
- 1 Cup Dried White Peas
- 3 Cup Boiled And Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Slices Of White Bread
- 1 Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Medium Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Oil+ For Shallow Frying
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Asafoetida
- Tamarind And Jaggery Chutney
- Green Chutney
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Soak dry white peas in water overnight. Cook them in the pressure cooker.
- Crush garlic cloves.
- Heat oil. Add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds starts to sputter add crushed garlic, turmeric powder, asafoetida.
- Add cooked peas, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them.
- Soak bread slices in water. Remove the excess water.
- Mix boiled and mashed potatoes, crushed black pepper, soaked bread slices and salt.
- Make pattice (around 12).
- Shallow fry the pattice on both sides in oil.
- Place 2 pattice in serving dish.
- Add ragada on top of it.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chutney and dates and tamarind chutney.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve lemon slices with the dish.